Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 
From: Steg
Date: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:59 pm
Subject: Re: [diqduqgeeks] Hebrew encoding, greeting formula

I've been writing in Hebrew Windows? I thought i was using Unicode...weird.

הבה ננסה משהו
والآن العربية
[eǝnd̚ sm̩ aj piː ej tʰuː]

-Steg

On Jul 26, 2005, at 3:52 AM, Mar Gavriel wrote:

> You're writing in "Unicode" Aramaic, whereas Steg and I have been
> writing in "Hebrew (Windows)" Hebrew/Aramaic. I don't think that this
> can be controlled. Of course, your quote from my post came out as
> gibberish, but you can't have everything....

Comments:
Ritual Bird Eater:

I shall get back to you about Masoretic pronunciation. Perhaps Lipman or Steg can recommend some guides more off-the-top-of-their-heads than I can. For starters, I would turn you to the article "Pronunciations of Hebrew" in the Encyclopedia Judaica, though I don't recall much about Massoretic pronunciation in that article.

Re: טעמי אמ"ת: I can basically do the טעמים for איוב according to one of the Mizrahi traditions, but I don't remember which exact tradition it is.

I encourage you to join the Diqduq Geeks yahoo group: http://groups.yaho.com/group/diqduqgeeks/.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?